MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd hereinafter referred as 'The Company' is a recruitment business which provides work finding services to its clients and work seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases, we may be required to use your data for investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal basis we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Contacting the individual with information about similar products or services that they have used from you recently; and
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
- Where we have a legitimate interest to process your personal data;
- Providing work finding services to the individual who has engaged with MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd, including sending their information to relevant clients where they have demonstrated an interest in doing so
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date to ensure a continuously relevant database that will benefit clients and candidates
b. Legitimate interest
This is where the Company has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- To support the work-finding process by means of retaining and processing candidate information, including; reviewing and sending candidate information to relevant clients where the candidate has demonstrated an interest in undertaking that type of work. Such processing of candidate information will positively support the work finding process.
c. Recipient(s) of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Personal data and/or sensitive personal data will be used if it is statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract (e.g. offer of employment). (Recruitment businesses must collect certain personal data to meet statutory obligations, such as the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 – for example, they have to check identity, right to work, suitability for the role, qualifications and experience)
d. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- If MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd cannot process required personal information to support work-finding activities the recruitment business may not be able to introduce or supply a work seeker to a client.
2. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
For interim and contract worker recruitment we may have an obligation to retain certain information for as long as is legally required for the Conduct regulations, tax legislations or HMRC.
Where the Company has a legitimate interest to retain and process your personal information we will do so in line with our retention policy of a period of 7 years unless otherwise requested by the work seeker. MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd business model supports long term candidate & client relationships that requires the provision of personal information to maintain such legitimate business relationships.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
You have the right to withdraw the legitimate interest to retain and process your personal data/ sensitive personal data at any time by contacting MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd – Stuart Houston or James McNaughton – firstname.lastname@example.org
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
3.Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd directly – email@example.com or 0121 421 2975
MSA Careers & Consulting Ltd are full corporate members of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation.