Acoustics Engineers (from Consultant to Principal level)
Working arrangement: (approx. 3 days from home / 2 in office or on site)
Regions: Birmingham / Oxford / London
up to £50,000 + Benefits package
Our client is a well established (almost 50 years) practice of consulting engineers. They have long term relationships with some of the biggest architects, contractors and institutions within the UK and have grown considerably over the last 5 years. This is an opportunity to be part of the next phase of the company’s growth and to join a forward thinking, dynamic acoustic team whose core values are centred on staff, clients, quality and sustainability.
Applicants should have between 3 to 8 years’ experience in acoustic consulting and require experience in the following:
- Architectural building acoustics in schools, healthcare and residential developments
- noise surveys and on-site testing in buildings
- Report writing, preparing calculations and processing noise survey data
- Acoustic modelling with modern software packages
- The planning process and preparation of reports for Applications and to address Conditions – Guidance documents such as BS 8233, BS4142, PropPG, HTM 08-01, BB93, AVO guidance, amongst others
The successful applicant should be AMIOA / MIOA and appropriately qualified holding an acoustics or science based degree. Other formal qualifications such as the The Institute of Acoustics Diploma would be acceptable.
You would be expected to work independently with support from more senior members of the acoustic team. You would be expected to deliver project work from inception to completion for small to medium sized projects and proactively liaise with other parts of the wider business and external clients.
|Job Category||Acoustics, Noise & Vibration Jobs|
|Salary||£33,000 - £50,000|